Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Installation on Debian 11 (Bullseye)

Installation on Debian 11 (Bullseye)

Up to Install & build

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

Installation on Debian 11 (Bullseye)

Posted by mark.yobb at December 10. 2021

Hello.

I am trying to get Salome 9.7 running on Debian 11 (Bullseye).  I have tried the Debian 10 package and it has not working.  I ran the 

${ROOT}/sat config  SALOME-9.7.0-native --check_system

script to check for components and I get:

/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

as an output.  

Originally when I tried to run ./salome from the installtion directory I was getting an error regarding psutils being unavailable.  Something like: 

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'psutils'

I ran:

sudo apt-get install python3-psutil

and the error has gone away.  Debian 11 comes with python3 installed by default.  There are portions of python2 available on the system.  See: https://wiki.debian.org/Python for details.

Now when I try to run Salome from it's installation directory with:

./salome

I get the following error (in full):

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome

res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 353, in _runAppli

import setenv

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/KERNEL/bin/salome/setenv.py", line 26, in <module>

import orbmodule

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/KERNEL/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 31, in <module>

from omniORB import CORBA

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/omniORB/lib/python3.7/site-packages/omniORB/__init__.py", line 44, in <module>

import _omnipy

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_omnipy'

I have been trying to find an appropriate python omniorb package but it appears that: python-omniorb package is not available for Bullseye?  https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=omniorb  

Has anyone had any success getting Salome 9.7 to run on Debian 11.  Does anyone know if a Debian 11 package is in the works by Opencascade?  Does anyone know if this is an issue with omniorb on Debian 11?  Should I be trying the Universal Linux Binary instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark 

Re: Installation on Debian 11 (Bullseye)

Posted by franco.ota at December 10. 2021

hello mark,

yes you should try the universal linux binary. the packages for a specific distribution, have onle "part" of what need salome, as the rest is already installed in your distribution, sometimes there are some distributions that have more or less the same things so you get to use a "similar" distribution package. the universal linux binary has everything you need to run it. so this vr should not give you any trouble. what is interesting for the package specific vr is that the total weight is smaller but nothing more.
best regards,

F.

Previously Mark Yobb wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to get Salome 9.7 running on Debian 11 (Bullseye).  I have tried the Debian 10 package and it has not working.  I ran the 

${ROOT}/sat config  SALOME-9.7.0-native --check_system

script to check for components and I get:

/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

as an output.  

Originally when I tried to run ./salome from the installtion directory I was getting an error regarding psutils being unavailable.  Something like: 

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'psutils'

I ran:

sudo apt-get install python3-psutil

and the error has gone away.  Debian 11 comes with python3 installed by default.  There are portions of python2 available on the system.  See: https://wiki.debian.org/Python for details.

Now when I try to run Salome from it's installation directory with:

./salome

I get the following error (in full):

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome

res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 353, in _runAppli

import setenv

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/KERNEL/bin/salome/setenv.py", line 26, in <module>

import orbmodule

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/KERNEL/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 31, in <module>

from omniORB import CORBA

File "/home/mark/Salome/SALOME-9.7.0-native-DB10-SRC/BINARIES-DB10/omniORB/lib/python3.7/site-packages/omniORB/__init__.py", line 44, in <module>

import _omnipy

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_omnipy'

I have been trying to find an appropriate python omniorb package but it appears that: python-omniorb package is not available for Bullseye?  https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=omniorb  

Has anyone had any success getting Salome 9.7 to run on Debian 11.  Does anyone know if a Debian 11 package is in the works by Opencascade?  Does anyone know if this is an issue with omniorb on Debian 11?  Should I be trying the Universal Linux Binary instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark 

Posted by ghodbane at December 10. 2021

Hi Mark,

not sure that the Debian 10 distribution will work on Debian 11.

As suggested you can etry the universal binary and simply do:

•  run : source ./env_launch.sh
  • Launch SALOME with: ./salome  or  ./mesa_salome

the first command will setup things such that SALOME's Python3 is used.

Posted by cmwouters at December 10. 2021

Hoi Mark,

I am running Salome 9.7.0 on Mint 20.2, this is based on Debian bullseye.
20.04 focal <-- bullseye/ sid

I remember Salome complaining Python version should be >3.6 (3.8) whereas Python3.8.10 is installed.

After running ./sat and updating the long list of missing libs, Salome runs.
I am not sure of course whether this is valid of Debian Bullseye.

vriendelijke groet
Kees

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.