Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform cfdmsh library published on Github

cfdmsh library published on Github

Up to Extension of the platform

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

cfdmsh library published on Github

Posted by touger_w at January 03. 2022

Hi all,

Hope the Salome team and user community is fine,

Few years ago I was developing and maintaining the cfdmsh library, which extended a bit the platform.

In 2016, I stopped working as a freelancer and started strongly missing time maintaining it.

Unfortunately, my website hosting last versions of cfdmsh closed it's doors as well, so that the library became totally unavailable on the web.

Because of regular requests from some people interested into the library, I finally put it on Github, so that anyone can access it. The link is here:

https://github.com/tougeron-cfd/cfdmsh

It gives the code of the version 4.0, working on Salome 7.7.1. (some old version)

Today I don't plan to update the repo anymore, but anyone is invited to fork it to update/extend the library. A first step will be to convert it from Python 2 to 3, but this should not be too painful. Then, a bit of debugging should be enough to solve other issues due to the Salome version change.

Sorry for having waiting so long before doing that. Hoping this will be useful yet for some Salome users.

All the best,

Re: cfdmsh library published on Github

Posted by giovanni.medici at January 31. 2022

Dear William Tougeron,

first of all thanks for sharing and keeping alive your amazing work to extend Salome Platform CFD oriented capabilities. The github is definitely a good pick so to keep it going and maintained. 

Just my 2ยข here, a year ago or so, I found your Python script and adapted/modified/updated it  a bit so to export an SU2 mesh from it. I tested it under Salome 9.5.0, and SU2 7.2.1, and is working just fine. I also added the possibility to output a 2D mesh (a simple check to find out which are the non singleton dimensions). I shared it through cfd-online, you can read more in this post.

I believe your script has really potential, but the code is very difficoult to maintain (I'm not a programmer, but I believe it would be great splitting the subfunctions so to have easier to maintain file). 

Just a word of notice, I only modified the ExportSU2File part of the script. I'll upload it soon / when I figure out how to do it with the github.

Previously William Tougeron wrote:

Hi all,

Hope the Salome team and user community is fine,

Few years ago I was developing and maintaining the cfdmsh library, which extended a bit the platform.

In 2016, I stopped working as a freelancer and started strongly missing time maintaining it.

Unfortunately, my website hosting last versions of cfdmsh closed it's doors as well, so that the library became totally unavailable on the web.

Because of regular requests from some people interested into the library, I finally put it on Github, so that anyone can access it. The link is here:

https://github.com/tougeron-cfd/cfdmsh

It gives the code of the version 4.0, working on Salome 7.7.1. (some old version)

Today I don't plan to update the repo anymore, but anyone is invited to fork it to update/extend the library. A first step will be to convert it from Python 2 to 3, but this should not be too painful. Then, a bit of debugging should be enough to solve other issues due to the Salome version change.

Sorry for having waiting so long before doing that. Hoping this will be useful yet for some Salome users.

All the best,

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.