Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build [solution] Salome 9.7 universal on Debian unstable - "GUI library corresponding to the user action not found" on explode

[solution] Salome 9.7 universal on Debian unstable - "GUI library corresponding to the user action not found" on explode

Up to Install & build

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

[solution] Salome 9.7 universal on Debian unstable - "GUI library corresponding to the user action not found" on explode

Posted by gswicke at January 31. 2022
Hi, as quite a few users before, I got the "GUI library corresponding to the user action not found" error when trying to use the "explode" feature in the geometry workspace. The issue turned out to be a library version mis-match, where the universal binary expected an older version of libraries than the host system (Debian unstable). Here is what I did to debug and fix this:

First, I started a new shell in the SALOME-9.7.0-MPI directory:

```
# Set up Salome specific include paths etc, so that ldd finds Salome internal dependencies
source env_launch.sh

# Check which libraries / symbols are missing
ldd -r BINARIES-CO7/GEOM/lib/salome/libEntityGUI.so
```

This identified mismatches in libglib2.0-0, libpango-1.0-0, and libpangoft2-1.0-0, partly based on symbols that had been removed in newer versions. To fix this, I used Debian's package pages to manually fetch older versions from Debian stable (libglib2.0-0_2.66.8-1_amd64.deb, libpango-1.0-0_1.46.2-3_amd64.deb, libpangoft2-1.0-0_1.46.2-3_amd64.deb) to a directory.

```
> ls
libglib2.0-0_2.66.8-1_amd64.deb libpango-1.0-0_1.46.2-3_amd64.deb libpangoft2-1.0-0_1.46.2-3_amd64.deb

# Unpack each deb using `dpkg -x`
> for i in *.deb;do dpkg -x "$i" /tmp/unpack; done

# Unpacked libraries now in /tmp/unpack/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, copy them into the Salome install
cp -r /tmp/unpack/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/* BINARIES-CO7/system_dep/

# Double check dependencies, hopefully nothing is missing now
ldd -r BINARIES-CO7/GEOM/lib/salome/libEntityGUI.so
```

Hope this helps,

Gabriel

PS: Would it make sense to include these libraries in the next universal binary release?

Re: [solution] Salome 9.7 universal on Debian unstable - "GUI library corresponding to the user action not found" on explode

Posted by ghodbane at January 31. 2022

Hi Gabriel,

thanks for your message. I don't quite understand the issue here. Which Debian distro are you using, such that we can check if the issue can be reproduced with our Debian nodes . Thanks

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.