Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build cannot start salome in win10

cannot start salome in win10

Up to Install & build

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

cannot start salome in win10

Posted by cmodelhsl at September 01. 2021

Hi,

I have installed the latest 9.7.0 in win10 (happended in 9.6 too). it seems some path settings are not correct after the installation.

Please see the attached image. This is only one hint of not finding the needed dll file, there are many other warning messages after I closed this dialog. like omniORBxxxx.dll, SalomeLifecycleCORBA.dll, SalomeContainer.dll, SalomeNS.dll etc...

Can we check what is the possible place of error causing this? I have seen the env_launch.bat, and there are env variable settings, so strange I still get such errors.

Attachments

Re: cannot start salome in win10

Posted by franco.ota at September 01. 2021

Hello leon,

by any chance are you using a vpn at the same time?it is not exactly the same error but if I open salome while VPN is active it does not work. I am asking this because the installation of salome 9.7 (neither 9.6) for me had no problem in windows 10.

best regards.

Previously Leon wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the latest 9.7.0 in win10 (happended in 9.6 too). it seems some path settings are not correct after the installation.

Please see the attached image. This is only one hint of not finding the needed dll file, there are many other warning messages after I closed this dialog. like omniORBxxxx.dll, SalomeLifecycleCORBA.dll, SalomeContainer.dll, SalomeNS.dll etc...

Can we check what is the possible place of error causing this? I have seen the env_launch.bat, and there are env variable settings, so strange I still get such errors.

Posted by ghodbane at September 01. 2021
Do you have an antivirus installed? If so, you should check that it does not vetoe some Salome DLL
HTH.

Posted by cmodelhsl at September 02. 2021

Hello Franco,

I have not installed any VPN software, only have one installation of Oracle VirtualBox, I am ready to uninstall it and to see what happens.

Thanks.

Leon

Previously Franco Otaola wrote:

Hello leon,

by any chance are you using a vpn at the same time?it is not exactly the same error but if I open salome while VPN is active it does not work. I am asking this because the installation of salome 9.7 (neither 9.6) for me had no problem in windows 10.

best regards.

Previously Leon wrote:

Hi,

Hello Nabil,

In my Win10, there is only the pre-packed Microsoft Defender, no other Anti-Virus softwares.

Thanks.

Leon

Previously Nabil Ghodbane wrote:

Do you have an antivirus installed? If so, you should check that it does not vetoe some Salome DLL
HTH.

All,

I have manually added the path for OmniORB in system PATH, then Salome can find it and load correctly without this popup-warning message for OmniORB-related DLLs.

But I did not add other paths like SalomeContainer.dll in system PATH, so it still give the warnings for those DLLs.

Based on that attempt,  it is supposed that no software blocked the dlls for loading.

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.