Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Export to cgns creates unreadable cgns file

Export to cgns creates unreadable cgns file

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

Export to cgns creates unreadable cgns file

Posted by h.w.olthof at July 19. 2021

Recently I tried to export a Salome 9.6.0 generated mesh to a cgns file for use in a SU2 solver. The resulting file could not be opened either by SU2, Paraview or cgnsview, so it appears to be corrupt. Has anyone ever come across the same problem, and found a solution for it?

BR

Hein

Re: Export to cgns creates unreadable cgns file

Posted by pedro.vs.coimbra at July 20. 2021

Hello Hein, I've came across this problem I did not manege to fix but I've found an workaround.

I've attached a script that exports the mesh to SU2.

ExportSU2File("Mesh_1","OutputMesh",["GroupToInclude1","GroupToInclude2"],["GroupToExclude"])
    • Mesh_1 is the name of the mesh in Salome that you want to export
    • OutputMesh is the name of the output file that will be created, (with an .su2 extension)
    • GroupToIncluden is the name of the groups you want to export (usually Input, Output, Symmetry, Body ...) You must create group of faces of the boundaries of your interest otherwise you will export only the volume mesh. To create groups in Salome: Create Group --> select Edges ... (if 2D mesh), Faces ... (if 3D mesh), choose a name of the group, pick select from geometry, and select the conveniente faces in the geometry file. If you don't see any, you shall go back to the Geometry module and explode the geometry which contains the mesh.
    • GroupToExclude groups that you don't want to add to your mesh
    The script is from Wlliam Tougeron. But the version I took from https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/su2/226653-import-salome-mesh-su2.html was not working so I changed it from a previus version and it worked for my meshes.

Re: Export to cgns creates unreadable cgns file

Posted by pedro.vs.coimbra at July 20. 2021

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
    For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.