Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) SALOME version 9.6.0 is released!

SALOME version 9.6.0 is released!

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

SALOME version 9.6.0 is released!

Posted by Site Administrator at December 01. 2020

Dear SALOME users,

CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 9.6.0. It is a public release that contains results of planned improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 9.5.0 released in July 2020.

Please visit news page for more details about this release or proceed to the download page to get it.

Regards,
SALOME site administrator.

Re: SALOME version 9.6.0 is released!

Posted by franco.ota at December 04. 2020

Congratulation in this new release!

Posted by ThP at December 09. 2020

Thank you for this release, I use it with windows 10 pro 1909

unfortunatly when I try to open Shaper with a study made with previous release I have the following  message (geom works): 

SalomeApp_Engine_i::Load() isMultiFile = 0

Could not found the item:BinOcaf.RetrievalPlugin

TKOpenGl | Type: Error | ID: 0 | Severity: High | Message:

Error! OpenGL context reports version 4.6 but does not export required functions for 4.5 (glGetnTexImage)

Please report this issue to OpenGL driver vendor 'intel'

Best regards

Thierry

Posted by ghodbane at December 09. 2020

Hi, can you try to follow the steps described in the README (last section) about OpenGL issues and let us know if it solves the issue .

thanks

Posted by ThP at December 14. 2020

Hello

sorry the error is not fixed. The openGL issue is over after following the steps described in the REAME but when I open a study created with the previuos release of  Salome I hae this same message 

SalomeApp_Engine_i::Load() isMultiFile = 0

Could not found the item:BinOcaf.RetrievalPlugin

and this window appears.

Thanks very much for your help

Thierry

Posted by vsr at December 14. 2020

Hello Thierry,

Can you confirm that this problem only happens when you open studies created in previous versions of SALOME? Does save/open correctly work if you create a study with SHAPER data in SALOME 9.6?

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by vsr at December 14. 2020

Hello Thierry,

Thank you for reporting this problem, it is a bug of packaging on Windows. We will very soon update Windows packages of SALOME 9.6. Please watch for announcements on this forum thread.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by vsr at December 15. 2020

Hello Thierry,

Windows archives of SALOME 9.6 have been updated on the site; the problem with saving/restoring SHAPER data has been fixed. Please download and reinstall SALOME 9.6. Please let us know if the problem persists.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by kont1901 at December 18. 2020

Previously Site Administrator wrote:

I want to run Salome 9.6.0 on windows 10 and below the errors. Could someone help me?

runSalome running on NRC-021801
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2816 - OK
Searching Naming Service   found in 0.0 seconds
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service  ++Warning, no type found for resource "localhost", using default value "single_machine"
th. 00000++++th. 000000CD57CFF820 - Trace d:\s\salome-9.6.0\sources\kernel\src\namingservice\salome_namingservice.cxx [308] : !!!Register(): CORBA::SystemException: unable to contact the naming service
th. 000000CD57CFF820 - Trace d:\s\salome-9.6.0\sources\gui\src\session\session_serverthread.cxx [205] : Caught unknown exception.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++th. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\SALOME-9.6.0\W64\KERNEL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 694, in useSalome
    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
  File "C:\SALOME-9.6.0\W64\KERNEL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 637, in startSalome
    session=clt.waitNS("/Kernel/Session",SALOME.Session)
  File "C:\SALOME-9.6.0\W64\KERNEL\bin\salome\orbmodule.py", line 156, in waitNS
    if count > maxcount : raise RuntimeError("Impossible de trouver %s" % name)
RuntimeError: Impossible de trouver /Kernel/Session

--- Error during Salome launch ---

Posted by ghodbane at December 18. 2020

can you try the recipe given by Vadim at this link about CSF_RepeatServerRequest  and CSF_DelayServerRequest and let us know if it solves the reported issue: https://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/833911517#763857208

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Do you know which  directory? I have the binary version of windows.

Thanks.

Simply edit file SALOME-9.6.0\salome with an editor and set the variables as suggested by Vadim. HTH

When I add these 2 lines Salome closes automatically as soon as I launch it.

I believe you do have some indentation issue. Find the customized launcher enclosed. At line 85 the two variables are set.

You might have to play with the set values. In case this does not help to solve the reported issue, let us know.

Attachments

do not use TABS in the salome files, use spaces.

Hi thank you unfortunately this does not solve the problem

Searching Naming Service   found in 0.0 seconds
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service  ++Warning, no type found for resource "localhost", using default value "single_machine"
th. 00000+++++th. 000000FE735FF9B0 - Trace d:\s\salome-9.6.0\sources\kernel\src\namingservice\salome_namingservice.cxx [308] : !!!Register(): CORBA::SystemException: unable to contact the naming service
th. 000000FE735FF9B0 - Trace d:\s\salome-9.6.0\sources\gui\src\session\session_serverthread.cxx [205] : Caught unknown exception.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++th. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\SALOME-9.6.0\W64\KERNEL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 694, in useSalome
    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
  File "C:\SALOME-9.6.0\W64\KERNEL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 637, in startSalome
    session=clt.waitNS("/Kernel/Session",SALOME.Session)
  File "C:\SALOME-9.6.0\W64\KERNEL\bin\salome\orbmodule.py", line 156, in waitNS
    if count > maxcount : raise RuntimeError("Impossible de trouver %s" % name)
RuntimeError: Impossible de trouver /Kernel/Session

--- Error during Salome launch ---

Rather hard to guess then. In case you're running a VPN, please have a look at this thread:

https://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_14/431986692

Posted by kont1901 at December 21. 2020

Yes you are right. It was the VPN connection.

I disconnected from the VPN and it works now. Thank you so much.

Thanks

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.