Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Combining all meshes into one mesh file

Combining all meshes into one mesh file

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

Combining all meshes into one mesh file

Posted by milad.hassani at July 19. 2021

Dear all,

Hello

I have created a geometry with shaper module and at the end there are 5 extrusions. I had to mesh each of these extrusions separately, so, now I have 5 meshes. However, I need to export only one mesh in order to use it in the NEMOH software. Any idea how is it possible to combine all these meshes and export all these meshes as a one file.

Tanx in advance

Best Regards

Re: Combining all meshes into one mesh file

Posted by franco.ota at July 19. 2021

Hello, 

I am not sure of the NEMOH possible file formats, but if you can read stl files, the stls files are a simple text file, you can use if you are in ubuntu, open terminal in the folder with each mesh file (.stl) and do 'cat *.stl >> combined.stl' this will concatenate each stl file to one combined file (take in accound that it will fuse all the meshes in that folder. so be carfull that you dont have other stls files. in windows you can open the file in blocknote and do a copy paste. for big meshes it is way faster with cat command. i am sure that there is a similar option in windows terminal but i have never used.

best regards.

F.

Previously Milad Hassani wrote:

Dear all,

Hello

I have created a geometry with shaper module and at the end there are 5 extrusions. I had to mesh each of these extrusions separately, so, now I have 5 meshes. However, I need to export only one mesh in order to use it in the NEMOH software. Any idea how is it possible to combine all these meshes and export all these meshes as a one file.

Tanx in advance

Best Regards

Re: Combining all meshes into one mesh file

Posted by smeap at July 19. 2021

Hi

It is possible to join several meshes via Mesh > Build Compound

St.Michael

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.