Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform How to develop new module or expand existing one ?

How to develop new module or expand existing one ?

Up to Extension of the platform

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

How to develop new module or expand existing one ?

Posted by lokida at April 17. 2015

Hi,

I am new to Salome and I would like to know if I can develop new module without salome source code.

And, if I want to expand an existing module, should I work with src code or salome binaries are enough ?

Moreover, I work under windows with visual studio 10 and I can't compile salome sources.  I have downloaded or build needed libraries (boost 1.52, HDF5189-win32-vs10-shared, libxml2-2.7.8.win32, omniORB-4.2.0, omniORBpy-4.2.0, pthread 2-9-1-release pr builded and iconv-1.9.2.win32).

I have error compilation for KERNEL module with libxml2 that need iconv but nothing in CMakeLists.txt allowed to fill the iconv path.

How should I proceed to build salome, and the develop/expand modules.

Thank you

Re: How to develop new module or expand existing one ?

Posted by touger_w at April 20. 2015

Hello,

I am not an expert, but if you want to modify a module, you need the sources for sure.

Now, you can develop Python functions to be used in the Python console. It doesn't need compilation but you will need to load the script each time you want to use it. In the other hand, it is a quick and easy way to customize Salome.

Cfdmsh is an example of such thing.

(About compilation problems, I can't help you.)

Best regards,

William

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.