Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? About sip wrapper generation

About sip wrapper generation

Up to How to use Salome?

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

About sip wrapper generation

Posted by cmodelhsl at April 09. 2021

I have checked the usage of SIP wrapper

USAGE: SIP_WRAP_SIP(output_files sip_file [sip_file...] [OPTIONS options] [SOURCES sources])
#
# ARGUMENTS:
#   output_files [out] variable where output file names are listed to
#   sip_file     [in]  input sip file (a sequence can be provided)
#   options      [in]  additional options to be specified to sip
#   sources      [in]  additional source files to be included into output (see below)

But I have seen the generation in project as the following:

D:\SALOME-9.3.0\PRODUCTS\sip-4.19\bin\sip.exe -s .cc -c . -n PyQt5.sip -t Qt_5_14_0 -t WS_WIN -I D:/SALOME-9.3.0/PRODUCTS D:/SALOME-9.3.0/MODULES/SRC/GUI_SRC/tools/PyConsole/src/python/PyConsolePy.sip

And I checked the usage of sip tool, it has not -n argument. I don't know how this command sequence is populated.

Vadim, could  you help me on the check and generation of sip wrapper? Thanks.

Re: About sip wrapper generation

Posted by cmodelhsl at April 09. 2021

So I got the error like this when building. There are 4 projects need sip wrapper. Although I can skip these projects in current phase(I guess I don't use them yet).

89>------ Build started: Project: PyConsolePy, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
89>Generating sipPyConsolePycmodule.cc, sipPyConsolePyPyConsole_Editor.cc, sipPyConsolePyPyConsole_Console.cc
89>sip: Usage: sip [-h] [-V] [-a file] [-b file] [-B tag] [-c dir] [-d file] [-D] [-e] [-f] [-g] [-I dir] [-j #] [-k] [-m file] [-o] [-p module] [-P] [-r] [-s suffix] [-t tag] [-w] [-x feature] [-X id:file] [-y file] [-z file] [@file] [file]
89>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(209,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.

Re: About sip wrapper generation

Posted by vsr at April 09. 2021

Hello Leon,

SALOME uses Qt (and PyQ5 5.9). However, from the command line you can see that it uses Qt 5.14 (and probably newer PyQt). It seems that somehow newer PyQt was picked up by the detection procedure which obviously requires newer sip (since that PyQt was generated with newer sip than 4.19). You need to understand why this could happen.

Regards,
Vadim.

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.