Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? Building error: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library GEOMSketcher.dll

Building error: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library GEOMSketcher.dll

Up to How to use Salome?

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

Building error: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library GEOMSketcher.dll

Posted by lambrtz at March 03. 2017

Hi, 

I am new to Salome platform, but have been using OpenCascade for a while. I am trying to split a TopoDS_Shape cube with a plane using GEOMAlgo_Splitter. My code is as follows.

BRepPrimAPI_MakeBox makeBox(gp_Pnt(0.0, 0.0, 0.0), 2.0, 2.0, 2.0);

// omitted code: make a plane as a face from vertices --> edges --> wire --> face 
TopoDS_Face f = BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace(w);

GEOMAlgo_Splitter splitter;
splitter.AddArgument(makeBox.Shape());
splitter.AddTool(f);
splitter.Perform();

// omitted code: save as a STEP file

I am building it as a 64-bit executable using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition on Windows 8.1, linking it with the prebuilt Salome package for Windows version 7.8.0. The OpenCascade version is 7.1.0. I encountered an error when linking to the DLL, as seen in the attached image. Do I miss a step here, or does it have something to do with platform/version incompatibility?

I also tried to build the Salome source code, but faced some difficulties too. Will probably ask another question once I can formulate it better.

Thank you.

Attachments

Re: Building error: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library GEOMSketcher.dll

Posted by sme at March 03. 2017

Hello

Your problem is incompatibility of a new version of OCCT and an old version of SALOME. For SALOME-7.8.0 you should use OCCT-6.9.1.

Best regards

Edward

Re: Building error: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library GEOMSketcher.dll

Posted by lambrtz at March 03. 2017

Hi Edward,

Thank you for pointing that out. I can use the prebuilt SDK and do the thing I wanted to do (slicing a cube).

Best regards,

Nicholas

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.