Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Fuse list of elements faster in geometry module

Fuse list of elements faster in geometry module

Up to Use

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

Fuse list of elements faster in geometry module

Posted by franco.ota at August 16. 2021

Hello,

I created a script that creates multiple bodies one next to the other (touching one another only in the faces).

the code works properly, but the main issue I am having is when I try to fuse all the objects, the scripts works correctly but I takes a lot of time to fuse all the objects, for a low number of elements (125)

if I only create the elements with the script, it takes around 4 seconds.

if I create the elements, stock them in a list, and fuse them (with geompy.MakeFuseList(matrix, True, True) ), it takes 3 or 4 minutes.

obviously, 4 minutes it is more than acceptable, but this difference scales up really fast with the number of elements in matrix (125 is only for testing purposes). is there any way I could speed up this fusion?

I know it is documentation from another software (freeCad) but as it uses Opens cascade technology too, the documentation mentions s a function to parallel fuse operation (https://freecad-python-stubs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/autoapi/Part/#Part.TopoShape.multiFuse) and as that the doc mentions that this dates from OCC 6.9.0.

I thought that maybe I dont know the function in salome? I did not find anything in the salome documentation about a parallel fuse operation.

best regards,

F.

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.