Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use How to fuse a lot of spheres and cylinders

How to fuse a lot of spheres and cylinders

Up to Use

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

How to fuse a lot of spheres and cylinders

Posted by saidcatalbas at November 27. 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to do fuse close-packed sphere (more than 850) geometry and their contact elements (more than 2700 cylinder). When I use distance between two spheres vertexes for height of the cylinders I can fuse them first seperatly and then fuse products. But this method had some issues on meshing process, so I decided to make shorter cylinders for avoid intersection between cylinders. My code works and cylinders do not touch each other and every things seems acceptable. But I can't fuse geomtry. I need all together as a one part.

When I try to fuse them, the process finished without an error but there is no product or anything else. Just dissappears. I'm open to any suggestion. I attached the code but please don't run it because it will take more that 1 hour.

Kind regards,
Said.

Attachments

Re: How to fuse a lot of spheres and cylinders

Posted by saidcatalbas at November 28. 2021

"Boolean operation aborted : non valid shape result"

Any idea?

Posted by saidcatalbas at December 02. 2021

Hi everyone,

It is so interesting and I can't understand the reason but I solved my problem (probably) with Shaper Modelu. I just adapted the code to Shaper and fuse all elements together, no seperation no playing with tolerances no removing edges. After finishing meshing process if I encounter any new problem, I'll update here.

The Shaper script attached, free to use. 

Kind regards,
Said

Attachments

Posted by saidcatalbas at December 03. 2021

Quick update,

Meshing process gives "NgException at Surface meshing: Problem in Surface mesh generation" error for 1 sphere and 1 cylinder. I checked them and they seemed fine to me. Any suggestion?

Kind regards,
Said.

Attachments

Posted by MRousseau at December 03. 2021

Said,

You can try changing your mesh minimum and maximum size, both increasing them or decreasing them. You can try to extract the failing shape such as your are wasting too much time on recalculating all the mesh.

Moise

Posted by saidcatalbas at December 03. 2021

Hi Moise,

I solved the meshing problem with changing that one spheres coordinate just little bit. Now I've 2D mesh with 21 million faces.

Kind regards,
Said.

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.