Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Parameterizing Cylinder

Parameterizing Cylinder

Up to Use

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

Parameterizing Cylinder

Posted by javier.araque at November 08. 2017

Hi, I am finding a behavior which I think is a bug. To see it, start with a blank workspace in the geometry module, define in the notebook two variables that specify cylinder radius and height, say Cr and Ch. Next, press the button to generate a cylinder, and try to input these variables in any of the cylinder construction modes, these cannot be input, as these input lines will only accept numbers.

Thank you for the great work on salome.

Re: Parameterizing Cylinder

Posted by smeap at November 08. 2017

Hi

I see no problem with your scenario:

St.Michael

Posted by Lotta at November 09. 2017

Previously Javier wrote:

Hi, I am finding a behavior which I think is a bug. To see it, start with a blank workspace in the geometry module, define in the notebook two variables that specify cylinder radius and height, say Cr and Ch. Next, press the button to generate a cylinder, and try to input these variables in any of the cylinder construction modes, these cannot be input, as these input lines will only accept numbers.

Thank you for the great work on salome.

That happens to me too !! did you figure it out ?

Posted by javier.araque at February 28. 2018

Hi, I was waiting to see if a new version fixed this for me, but the 8.4.0 maintains the behavior seen in my previous post, i.e. I cannot input letters into the lines for cylinder parameters. Version 8.3.0 I used the debian 8 binaries, and in the 8.4.0 the universal binaries, since there are not still binaries for debian 9, which I am currently using. I do not know if this could be related to some specific configuration of my system, but it is odd that it does not happen with other shapes (box, etc).

Greetings,

Javier

Posted by samir1291 at February 28. 2018

I have the same issue for Slome v8.3 running on Windows 10.

But there is a trick to overcome that by Copying the variable name and pasting it into the input box.

Posted by javier.araque at February 28. 2018

Hi s1291, the workaround indeed works, thanks. I am still having an issue with cylinder creation, as I cannot select the vertex/axis in the first cylinder specification mode, I would like it to be centered at a given point and have its axis along y; it seems like the only way is creating the default one (centered at the origin, axis along z) and subsquently transrotate it, which is yet another workaround, but a somewhat inefficient one.

Posted by wdm at December 29. 2021

I have the same issue. 

And when I want to translate cylinder to a parameterized distance, I cannot add a minus sign before it...

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.