Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use problem with importing 2D elements from another mesh

problem with importing 2D elements from another mesh

Up to Use

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

problem with importing 2D elements from another mesh

Posted by daneshghahramani at January 06. 2022
I want to have conformal meshes in the interface of two solids but the import 2D algorithm misidentifies which nodes belongs to which sub-shape and raises an error(nodes mismatch vertices).

the strange thing is that the nodes U value is correct but it is set on the incorrect edge.

in the appended pic it correctly identifies the node belonging to edge 541 but the next node is set to belong to another edge.this problem only happens when there are an extra vertices on a cylinder created as a result of partitioning it. and the problematic node is always placed on mirror image of these vertices in respect to the cylinders natural seam.

I cant exactly tell what the problem is since I am not able to build salome but I suspect that it is caused by a false positive from CheckNodeU.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

Re: problem with importing 2D elements from another mesh

Posted by sme at January 10. 2022

Hello

In your case a better choice is to join the solids using Partition instead of using Import algorithm. Even if Import algo succeeded, you would get overlapped mesh between the two solids, while I suppose you need to get a conformal mesh there.

Best regards

Edward

Posted by daneshghahramani at January 10. 2022

thank you for your answer.

I need to get duplicated nodes on the surface between two solids and then tie the surfaces in my FEA program as its the only way to not get overlaps in cylindrical surface.

solids are booleans of each other so there is no overlap. import 2d algorithm works for the middle cylinders as there is no edge intersecting them.

Attachments

Posted by sme at January 11. 2022

At least in the provided study, Import algorithm is incorrectly configured. Else 3D mesh on one of solids would not compute. So, even if the Import algo worked OK, the mesh made by it would not share nodes with none of 3D cells.

Best regards

Edward

Posted by daneshghahramani at January 11. 2022
the study is just an example of this error occurring and just has the submesh for the problematic surface. in the final mesh all the junction surfaces are imported from each other and it worked correctly if it wasnt for the mentioned surface.

can you please elaborate on why it wouldnt  work ?

if you want I can provide two similar studies in which one of them has the extra edge and produces the error and the other one works just fine.

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.