Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) [windows] version 5.1.5 for tests on windows available

[windows] version 5.1.5 for tests on windows available

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

[windows] version 5.1.5 for tests on windows available

Posted by eam at December 21. 2010

Dear Salome users,

A Salome 5.1.5 version for tests on windows is available ...
See the announcement at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-5/announce

Thanks to OpenCascade team, the famous "sub-shape selection in occ viewer" is fixed !

You can now compile salome on windows ... See the howto at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-5/howto-compile

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

Best regards,

E.A.

Re: [windows] version 5.1.5 for tests on windows available

Posted by cacciatorino at December 22. 2010

Thank you very much for this release!

It is very comfortable to work in the same environement with the CAD application, without the need to reboot every few minutes!

At a first look, all seems to work fine, but for the fact that sometimes (not always) Salome crashes when, in mesh module, the "Automatic hexahedralization" is choosen.

It seems to me that the mesher is able to run both cores of my processor at 100%, is it correct?

Win XP 32 SP3.

Posted by tomaiilyk at December 23. 2010

Thanks, looks like working fine.Open HDF (createad in linux )file in 150 Mb!!. Normally closing without crash. win xp 32 sp3.

Posted by Cristina at December 29. 2010

Thanks for this release.

All is working fine, but I am experiencing problems while switching from geometry module to mesh module and vice versa: almost at every single attempt, the application simply crashes.

I'm using both windows vista and xp 32, still getting the same issue.

Posted by Cristina at December 29. 2010

Errata corrige: the application crashes only when I go from mesh module back to geometry module, and not when I enter mesh module from geometry module.

Sorry for double-posting, but I can't edit my previous message.

Posted by goodrone at January 31. 2011

There is a common issue with compiling SALOME on 32-bit Windows: all .bat-files rely on "C:\Program Files" folder, which is called "C:\Program Files (x86)" on 64-bit system.

And I've got a simple question - how does SALOME know which modules to load on startup (like GEOM, MESH, PYHELLO)? How can I configure it? Where can I read more on this?

Best regards,
Andrew

Posted by eam at February 21. 2011

Previously Goodrone wrote:

There is a common issue with compiling SALOME on 32-bit Windows: all .bat-files rely on "C:\Program Files" folder, which is called "C:\Program Files (x86)" on 64-bit system.

And I've got a simple question - how does SALOME know which modules to load on startup (like GEOM, MESH, PYHELLO)? How can I configure it? Where can I read more on this?

Best regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The compilation procedure is not ported on 64 bits system. You have to write some modifications like the one you did. May be in a future release but for the moment, I have no time to do that ...

Concerning your second question, you can check the SALOME_MODULES variable defined in utils\environ.bat. You can launch salome with the --modules options too

E.A.

Beginner Question using xp

Posted by rpuskarcik at February 22. 2011

I know very little about windows application programming. I am interested in using a CAD application on my xp machine, but I do not know CAD either. I was hoping to learn as I go, but am having quite a bit of difficulty getting started. Firstly, my investigations regarding free or open source CAD lead me to Open CASCADE. So I installed it only to find that there is NO USER INTERFACE. This made it quite unusable to me since the purpose of my wanting a CAD application was to do some computer aided design. My question is this: Can I use Salome to design 2D and 3D objects, without knowing anything about how the application is programmed, compiled, or otherwise designed... just as a dummy Windows user?

Is Salome in fact a user interface for OpenCASCADE? Is it user friendly and are there tutorials for it?

Posted by pierre_j at February 22. 2011

Hi,

Tutorials are available here: http://www.salome-platform.org/user-section/salome-tutorials/copy_of_salome-tutorial

you should be able to know with them if Salome will fit your needs.

Bests,

Pierre

Posted by gsal at March 05. 2011

Russ:  

OpenCascade is not really a user kind of application, it is more of a kernel for developers to use and develop applications for users, like Salome.

In any case, if what you want is a free CAD application, you can look into FreeCAD.  As Salome, FreeCAD also uses the OpenCascade kernel.  

gsal

Posted by vyagoncharuk at April 04. 2011

Hi.

Thanks for your work.

I quite often experience the problem that application simple crashes during different actions (working with geometry, changing of different parameters of the mesh, calculating mesh, ...). In folder \release\utils\tmp\logs\  haven't found anything that I can be useful for me to understand the reason of crashing.

Is it a known issue? In comments above only crashes during definite actions were mentioned...

Can you give me a piece of advice how to understand the reason and may be fix the problem if it something concerned my workstation only?

Posted by andrico1 at April 12. 2011

Dear Salome users,

Can someone advise me how specifically you link your program in Windows to MEDMEM? I was successful in doing this in Linux, so I repeated the same for Visual C++, but I get access violation. 

I, basically, created a project with only testFile.cxx (provided by default in MED module),  indicated the include directories to  HDF, Med and MEDMEM and also linked against: med.lib;medmem.lib;hdf5.lib.  In the run directory I placed: hdf5dll.dll, interpkernel.dll, med_V2_1.dll, medC.dll, medimportcxx.dll, medmem.dll, MEDWrapperBase.dll.   Although I  built the project with MSVC 2010, I changed platform toolset to V90, as those libs where built with older Visual C++. 

I also define variables: WNT, WIN32 and PCLINUX.  (The last one is strange for windows,  but without it one of the type definitions is undefined. see: MEDMEM_define.hxx. line 121)

So, when I run the code I get access violation in the second line (please see below) :

MESHING myMeshing ;

myMeshing.setName("meshing");

Thank you in advance,

Andriy

Posted by rahmed at November 23. 2011

Previously Andriy Andreykiv wrote:

Dear Salome users,

Can someone advise me how specifically you link your program in Windows to MEDMEM? I was successful in doing this in Linux, so I repeated the same for Visual C++, but I get access violation. 

I, basically, created a project with only testFile.cxx (provided by default in MED module),  indicated the include directories to  HDF, Med and MEDMEM and also linked against: med.lib;medmem.lib;hdf5.lib.  In the run directory I placed: hdf5dll.dll, interpkernel.dll, med_V2_1.dll, medC.dll, medimportcxx.dll, medmem.dll, MEDWrapperBase.dll.   Although I  built the project with MSVC 2010, I changed platform toolset to V90, as those libs where built with older Visual C++. 

I also define variables: WNT, WIN32 and PCLINUX.  (The last one is strange for windows,  but without it one of the type definitions is undefined. see: MEDMEM_define.hxx. line 121)

So, when I run the code I get access violation in the second line (please see below) :

MESHING myMeshing ;

myMeshing.setName("meshing");

Thank you in advance,

Andriy

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.