Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform SALOME-7.3.0-DEV-DEBUG Win64 don't start

SALOME-7.3.0-DEV-DEBUG Win64 don't start

Up to Extension of the platform

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.

SALOME-7.3.0-DEV-DEBUG Win64 don't start

Posted by tpedot at March 04. 2014

Hello,

I'm not able to start SALOME-7.3.0-DEV-DEBUG (Development environment self-extracting archive, DEBUG Win64)

Everything seems loads to 100% but nothing append after splash screen.

See attached log.

First line say : Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable <-> The specified path was not found.

which is related to line 167 in env_laucnh.bat : call %DISTENE_HOME%\DLim\dlim8.var.bat

I don't have DISTENE installed. Is this a problem ? For me, DISTENE is not a prerequire ? 

Binaries self-extracting archive for Win64 is working fine.

Thanks,

Thomas

Attachments

Re: SALOME-7.3.0-DEV-DEBUG Win64 don't start

Posted by vsr at March 05. 2014

Hello Thomas,

Indeed, there should not be difference in running SALOME between binaries and devenv archives. Could you try to wait a little more at start-up? First start of SALOME can be little longer than next launches. Also note that debug libraries are much larger then release ones so their loading takes more time.

Mentioned warning about missing DISTENE license file is not important.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by tpedot at March 05. 2014

Hello,

I tried to laucnh it this morning. It doesn't start after 30min. 

Further informations, when I go to task manager I can see that spash screen is named Error. I reckons that there is a real an Error window behind this spash screen. Unfortunatelly, it's in front of all window (can't hide it).

I don't know how I succeed but I have this strange message (see attached) :

Can not load application library "SalomeApp.dll": L'application n'a pas pu démarrer car sa configuration côte-à-côte est incorrecte. 

I will look if dependencies are conserved between the two executables.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Thomas 

Attachments

Posted by anastasya241 at March 05. 2014

Hello Thomas,

What platform is used? Windows XP?

Regards,
Anastasiya.

Hi,

I use Windows 7. 

Posted by anastasya241 at March 05. 2014

Thomas,

What version of Visual Studio do you have on your computer?

'Strange message' says that there is problem with the CRT (C Run-Time Libraries)

CRT in Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition end in Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)(ex. from PRODUCTS\redist folder)  is built in release mode. That explains why application works in release mode (binaries)

Please, check installation of Visual Studio 2008 x64 on your computer, since it includes debug builds of CRT.

Regards,
Anastasiya.

Ok,

I have Visual Express 2010 installed with SDK7 installed (for x64 compilation). I also have an Intel Fortran Compiler which install custom Visual Studio 2008.

See attached which redist lib are installed.

Don't know how to fix this issue.

Attachments

Posted by anastasya241 at March 06. 2014

Thomas,

Visual Express 2010 doesn't contain the necessary C Run-Time Libraries.

SALOME-7.3.0 have been build with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.  Binaries and libraries of SALOME-7.3.0 depend of Visual Studio 2008 CRT(Run-Time ). If you're trying to run the application on your PC, then  then you should have the Run-Time installed.

For RELEASE Run-Time can be provided as a part of Visual Studio or as a part of Redistributable Package. But DEBUG Run-Time is provided only as a part of Visual Studio.

SALOME-7.3.0-WIN32 and  SALOME-7.3.0-WIN64 archives include binaries of the pre-requisites and SALOME modules built in RELEASE mode.  The minimum requirement is installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 or x64). You can find it in the PRODUCTS\redist directory.

If you don't need to compile SALOME or third-party code, use this packages of SALOME.  As I can see, all necessary CTR Libraries are  already installed on your PC.

SALOME-7.3.0-WIN32-DEV-RELEASE,  SALOME-7.3.0-WIN32-DEV-DEBUG,  SALOME-7.3.0-WIN64-DEV-RELEASE, SALOME-7.3.0-WIN64-DEV-DEBUG archives include binaries of the pre-requisites and SALOME modules plus all files (headers, IDL files, adm files etc) required for the compilation of the third-party code. 

If you need to COMPILE some third-party code, use this packages of SALOME.  Building ONLY in 32-bit mode requires installation of Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition. The minimum requirement of building in 64-bit  mode is installing the Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition (x64).

So, if you want use SALOME-7.3.0-WIN64-DEV-DEBUG archive, then you must install Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition (x64). 

Regards,
Anastasiya.

Posted by tpedot at March 13. 2014

Hi,

thanks for this answer. I though I had met all the dependencies. Since I want to keep a hand on my libs I will use the release version of Salome and build in release mode with debug informations.

And again thanks for porting Salome to Cmake.

It works perfectly!

Regards,

Thomas

This forum is DEPRECATED, please create new topics in the new SALOME forum.
For existing topics please transfer them to the new forum.